Chinese peony, Common garden peony
(Paeonia lactiflora cv.)
My short words
Gentle petals were shining by the sunlight.
Fragile but elegant petals.
Here is another colored peony.. You can see..
- There are several hundred cultivars. 
- Those cultivars were improved in several Europian countries after bringing the original species from china. 
- Usually chinese peony flowers start blooming in late spring to early summer.  However it started blooming in early summer in Canada. So I categorized this plant to 'Summer Flowering Plants'.
|Common name:||Chinese peony, Common garden peony|
|Scientific name:||Paeonia lactiflora cv.|
|Date taken:||Photo 1: June 16, 2019, 15:58|
Photo 2: June 16, 2019, 16:01
|Place:||Photo 1,2: (Mamin's rent room's) house owner's garden in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
- The Encyclopædia Britannica 15th edition - Paeoniaceae
- The Encyclopædia Britannica 15th edition - peony; Paeonia albiflora
- 2014 Encyclopedia Nipponica (Digital version) - Paeoniaceae
- 2014 Encyclopedia Nipponica (Digital version) - Paeonia, Paeonia lactiflora Pall., Paeonia lactiflora var. sinensis Stend.
- Wikipedia.org - Peony; Paeoniaceae
- Wikipedia.org - Chinese peony or common garden peony; Paeonia lactiflora