(Papaver nudicaule L.)
My short words
"Oh! they want to get the sunshine!"
They were keeping the flowers pointed towards the sun.
The flower petals were brighter by the sunlight.
How to distinguish 'Iceland poppy' from another poppies?
- Iceland poppies make each long stem (peduncle) per one flower from close to the ground. 
- The leaves are jagged like teeth of a saw. 
|Common name:||Iceland poppy|
|Scientific name:||Papaver nudicaule L.|
|Date taken:||Photo 1,2: May 21, 2019|
Photo 3: May 09, 2019
Photo 4,5: May 19, 2019
Photo 6: May 22, 2019
|Place:||Photo 1,2,3,4,5,6: (Mamin's rent room's) house owner's garden in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
- The Encyclopædia Britannica 15th edition - Papaver; Poppy, P. nudicaule
- The Encyclopædia Britannica 15th edition - Papaveraceae
- 2014 Encyclopedia Nipponica (Digital version), Iceland poppy; Papaver nudicaule L.
- 2014 Encyclopedia Nipponica (Digital version), Papaveraceae
- Wikipedia.org - Papaver nudicaule