Ohio Spiderwort, Bluejacket flowers
(Tradescantia ohiensis syn. Tradescantia reflexa Rafin.)
My short words
I could get some kinds of freshness and pleasure form the flowers when I saw them in the morning :)
My short words (in Japan)
I came across these flowers when I went for a walk in a nearby park in the morning.
I felt as if they said, "Good morning, everyone!"
- This plant is one of the wildflower but it's also used as a garden plant.
- THis plant can be found in eastern + central North America, but also a little in Canada.
- Ohio Spiderwort can be found even in Japan that came from North America around 1900.
|Common name:||Ohio Spiderwort, Bluejacket|
|Japanese name:||ムラサキツユクサ (Murasaki-tsuyukusa)|
|Scientific name:||Tradescantia ohiensis syn. Tradescantia reflexa Rafin.|
|Date taken:||Photo 1: August 03, 2019, 11:33|
Photo 2: August 03, 2019, 11:35
Photo 3: August 23, 2014
|Place:||Photo 1,2: (Mamin's rent room's) house owner's garden in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
Photo 3: A edge of a lake in Fukuoka city, Japan.
- The Encyclopædia Britannica 15th edition - Commelinaceae
- The Encyclopædia Britannica 15th edition - Tradescantia ohiensis
- 2014 Encyclopedia Nipponica (Digital version), Shogakukan - Tradescantia reflexa Rafin.
- Wikipedia.org - Tradescantia ohiensis
- Lady bird johnson wildflower center 'Plant database', Texas in the USA - Tradescantia ohiensis